A self care list. I’ve been working on this. I promise it’s worth it.
Awesome. Printing it out! I already drink enough water, but I may write in something.
1. push yourself to get up before the rest of the world - start with 7am, then 6am, then 5:30am. go to the nearest hill with a big coat and a scarf and watch the sun rise.
2. push yourself to fall asleep earlier - start with 11pm, then 10pm, then 9pm. wake up in the morning feeling re-energized and comfortable.
3. get into the habit of cooking yourself a beautiful breakfast. fry tomatoes and mushrooms in real butter and garlic, fry an egg, slice up a fresh avocado and squirt way too much lemon on it. sit and eat it and do nothing else.
4. stretch. start by reaching for the sky as hard as you can, then trying to touch your toes. roll your head. stretch your fingers. stretch everything.
5. buy a 1L water bottle. start with pushing yourself to drink the whole thing in a day, then try drinking it twice.
6. buy a beautiful diary and a beautiful black pen. write down everything you do, including dinner dates, appointments, assignments, coffees, what you need to do that day. no detail is too small.
7. strip your bed of your sheets and empty your underwear draw into the washing machine. put a massive scoop of scented fabric softener in there and wash. make your bed in full.
8. organise your room. fold all your clothes (and bag what you don’t want), clean your mirror, your laptop, vacuum the floor. light a beautiful candle.
9. have a luxurious shower with your favourite music playing. wash your hair, scrub your body, brush your teeth. lather your whole body in moisturiser, get familiar with the part between your toes, your inner thighs, the back of your neck.
10. push yourself to go for a walk. take your headphones, go to the beach and walk. smile at strangers walking the other way and be surprised how many smile back. bring your dog and observe the dog’s behaviour. realise you can learn from your dog.
11. message old friends with personal jokes. reminisce. suggest a catch up soon, even if you don’t follow through. push yourself to follow through.
13. think long and hard about what interests you. crime? sex? boarding school? long-forgotten romance etiquette? find a book about it and read it. there is a book about literally everything.
14. become the person you would ideally fall in love with. let cars merge into your lane when driving. pay double for parking tickets and leave a second one in the machine. stick your tongue out at babies. compliment people on their cute clothes. challenge yourself to not ridicule anyone for a whole day. then two. then a week. walk with a straight posture. look people in the eye. ask people about their story. talk to acquaintances so they become friends.
15. lie in the sunshine. daydream about the life you would lead if failure wasn’t a thing. open your eyes. take small steps to make it happen for you.
you’re cooler than me?
guess that makes me hotter than you
I laughed louder and longer than necessary. Thank you. My co-workers will have to deal.
my biggest concern in life is actually how my online friends can be informed of my death
Maybe keep particular post in your queue and keep delaying it’s post. If you die it posts?
when your obsessive special interest suddenly changes and your blog followers are like wtf this isn’t what i signed up for
There are those of us who are totally fine with the shift.
natasha romanoff + tumblr wanting a black widow movie.
I like Carl’s development in the TV series more than the comic book, to be honest.
The tv show takes place over a shorter amount of time and that’s why the tv show progresses faster.
Yes and no. At the end of All Out War Carl has aged two years. Show runners mentioned the show is nearing two years already. It has a lot to do with Carl starting out older in the show and them taking time with his development. He got useful in 6 issues and really stayed in the background until issue #50. He starts to carry more and he earns his badassery against Negan after issue #100. But he’s still only nine. As a 14 year old he is already more capable. I feel like it’s that combination of being aged up and the show has developed him better. This is just my viewpoint.